Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day inspired by Katie Holmes

I came across an article on Yahoo on how Katie Holmes celebrates Valentine's Day.  I actually clicked on it cuz curiosity got the best of me.  Surprisingly enough I got inspired by something she does.  She makes red pancakes for breakfast and I thought that would be fun to do for my girls as a surprise since they love pancakes.  A couple days before Valentine's Day, I was mentally reminding myself to make the red batter the night before, so it will be ready to go in the morning.  Right after I got the girls to school on Valentine's Day, I remembered I was going to make them red pancakes and was disappointed that I forgot. I didn't even remember to make the batter the night before. Oh well, I guess I'll try to remember next year by doing something more than a mental note

The girls were excited to have their parties at school.  They got their sugar rush of ice cream sundaes, cupcakes and passed out Valentines.

 Our tradition changed just a little this year as far as our Valentine's Day dinner.  Every year, it is the girls request to have Scooby Doo mac and cheese.  Last year, I couldn't find it; so we settled with Madagascar.  This year was also Madagascar; but it became a side dish.  Because we just found out that hubby got into a hard to get into program for work, we decided to splurge a little and get the take out special from Rattlers BBQ.  We did our traditional picnic in the living room, eating delicious tri-tip, the best mashed potatoes, salad, garlic rolls and a side of Madagascar mac and cheese.  After dinner, we downloaded a Charlie Brown Valentine's show from YouTube to watch on TV while eating a heart shaped chocolate chip cookie cake from Albertsons.  Yum!

This is what my 8 year old gave me for Valentine's Day.
Gotta love getting left over Halloween chocolates and card made from a cereal box :)


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment