Tuesday, July 12, 2011

No Free Slurpees For Us

The girls were excited to go and Slurpees after lunch; but I told them we would not get them if there was a huge line. So off we went to 7-11 for free Slurpees around 2:00. We still had 10 hrs. left on this freebie; so we took a chance. There were many cars driving into their parking lot; so I had my doubts on there being a not so long line. To my surprise, I got a parking spot right in front. Then I looked up. On the door was a sign that said No More Free Slurpee's. I told the girls the news and the disappointment grew and grew. I said I would still take them to get one. But as I got out of the car, a mom and her kids came out with disappointment. I overheard the mom say to them something like the Slurpee machines weren't working right.

Again, I had to bring bad news to the girls. I tried to make it up by getting ice cream or something else; but their hearts were set on Slurpees. Told them we would go back the next day when they could get a frozen Slurpee and not the nasty watered down syrup that comes out when the machines don't work right. Fast forward. The next day they shared a nice frozen half coke half grape (yuck) Slurpee. I was only out $1.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment