Saturday, May 14, 2011

Placerita Canyon Open House

My husband had a meeting in the morning/afternoon; so I decided to take the girls to Placerita Canyon's open house. My youngest got to wash clothes like they did in the Pioneer days. They also gave opportunities to saw wood and make a quilt. We saw all kinds of animals, such as snakes, a porcupine, opossum, hawks, and even a baboon who was grooming one of the docents. The girls wanted to go on a hike. We did the same hike we had done a couple months ago; but we had a different docent leading us. So we got some new info and he took us to the stream to look at tadpoles. After about an hour of hiking, I paid $2 so the girls could pan for some fool's gold.

1 comment:

  1. That place sounds like a lot of fun!
    I just wanted to let you know I’ve given you the Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out here: http://thesteadyhandblog.com/versatile-blogger-award-2/.
    Thanks and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete