Sunday, May 1, 2011

Money Scrounging for Cinco de Mayo



A Cinco de Mayo celebration at a park in Santa Monica was this weekend's free pick. Our first obstacle of getting there was gas. The gas light in the car had been reminding us for about 10 miles before we were ready to leave to get gas. I wasn't near the cheap gas station by our house; so I went to gasbuddy.com to find the cheapest gas on the way to Santa Monica. We found an Arco that was $4.19 a gallon in San Fernando. We stopped only to find out that was the cash price. I was not about to pay the fee to use their credit system or ATM. We had $6 cash with us in which all of it went to get about 1 gallon of gas.


We got down to our destination to find out they charged for all their activities such as bouncers, slides, and games. We had gone there about 2 years ago to the same event where they had games and crafts for FREE. So, I was a little disappointed they charged. I steered the girls to the playground area of the park and the water fountains. It was a 90 degree day; so the girls had fun getting wet. After swinging for about 15 min. they were quickly dry and scooted around the park in their scooters. Since I wouldn't pay for bouncers or games, we decided to try to the girls ice cream from the ice cream truck. We spent our last amount of money on gas; so we had to scrounge money from my wallet. We found $5 of change which we bought ice cream with having left over change. I was happy that we were able to make it to Santa Monica and back to my cheap gas station on about 1 gallon of gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment