Sunday, May 8, 2011

Butterflies on Mother's Day


I had bought my daughter the Insect Lore Butterfly Garden Kit for her birthday last year. The weather was finally the right temperature to order the caterpillars. We have been watching them transform into their chrysalis. I thought it would be fun to go to the Butterfly Pavilion in Los Angeles and check out the butterflies on Mother's Day.

By the way, this turned out to be not so much of a frugal challenge but a rip off instead. First we had to park at the Natural History Museum's parking lot. That was $8! I was not expecting to pay to park in that lot. I thought there was free parking about 8 years ago when I last went. I guess, I should have expected something to change in 8 years :)

We had a picnic lunch at the park right next to the parking lot and headed over to the Butterfly Pavilion. The cost for the 4 of us was $7. I did expect to pay that price; but I did not expect to have both girls screaming at the top of their lungs because they were afraid of butterflies flying at them. It was pretty embarrassing; but I paid an outrageous $15 to get here and they were going to stay until I was finished looking. After about 15 min. of being in there with screaming and complaining girls, we left.

We walked next door to the California Science Center. This place is free! We spent a few hours over there finishing up the areas we did not have time for last time. We all had a great time here.

Our day ended with the usual KFC dinner take-out per my mom's request every year. Finger Likin'Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment